Campfire is an Internet-based chat tool that allows you to set up chat rooms where you can remotely communicate with your business partners and colleagues. More than 100,000 people have utilized the messenger, sending more than 60 million messages to their colleagues, clients, and business partners located in various parts of the globe.
Part of Campfire’s appeal comes from its ease of use. First, since it web-based, there is no need to download or install an app. As long as you have a computer or mobile device with web browser and Internet connection, you can start using this service.
Chats are password-protected, protecting users from prying eyes. You can determine who you can invite in the chat room. You also have the ability to specify which rooms can be seen by other chat participants.
Campfire also has an app for the iPhone which allows users to preview live mages, view widely utilized file formats, view YouTube clips and access all of their Campfire rooms.
Campfire comes with a free 30-day trial. After the trial period, you’d have to choose from three plans in order to continue enjoying the service. The Plus Plan is priced at $24 a month; the Premium is at $49 a month; and the Max plan is at $99 a month.
- Conference calling – Invite your chat room to a voice conference call with a single click.
- Files, Transcript History- you can read past transcripts of chats anytime as Campfire keeps a history of all the chats you’ve had.
- Live Image Previews- Upload an image in JPG, PNG or GIF format and it immediately shows up in the chat room.
Campfire works with a variety of third-party customer service applications, iPhone, Windows and Mac OS X desktop programs, widgets and more.
- SyncSpace – Create drawings that can be shared real-time in a Campfire chat room or over the net.
- IdeaDraw – Sketch your ideas anywhere and share them via E-mail or Campfire. Upload your sketches as vectors (PDF) or bitmaps (PNG).
- Flint – A full-featured Campfire client for iPhone and iPad, designed for iOS 7.
- Arson – With Arson, your team is just a tap away. Swipe to quickly switch rooms, see other users and get more things done with your team.