- Concentrate on Facebook. Yes, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat are the other key primary platforms, but FB is a great place to start to get your content rhythm flowing.
- Schedule: Face it, you’re on FB anyway at least a few times a day. On your company page that you so wisely started, start interacting with people. Say hello or post articles that inspire you. Invite people. And start having conversations.
- Use Video and Photos: Take pics of your office. Or out the window. Of your developers working late into the night. A vid of you talking about ‘the next big thing’. Even if you haven’t launched a product or service yet, this sort of content is a great way to seed audiences and build interest.
- Don’t be Shy: Maybe you’re not an extrovert. No worries. The real you is better than most marketing ever.
- Have fun: Don’t just turn content marketing into something you ‘have to do’. Start small, post regularly, enjoy. If you’re having fun, chances are your audience will too.
In the end, it’s important you do it your way. Break some rules – because there are no rules. Use your common business sense. And go for it.