HipChat is like being in a virtual office. This is the chat application that’s built specifically for business purposes, and here your people can communicate securely
though various chat rooms.
For example, you can have chat rooms for different departments, just like you have separate offices for departments in a real office. You can also designate special
rooms for special projects.
Meanwhile, neither you or your employees need to stay in an actual office at all. You can be in restaurant or on a boat, and you can still be in touch with everyone so
you can be updated as to what’s going on in the “office”.
- HipChat’s secure conversations are transferred in 256-bit SSL encryption – the same security protocol as online banks. We’re also TRUSTe EU Safe Harbor certified.
- Secure guest access: Bring clients, vendors, and other third-parties into a HipChat room. They’ll only see what you want them to see. You have complete control.
- Drag and drop file sharing: Grab files from your desktop, DropBox, email or anywhere. HipChat shows a preview of the file to everyone in the room.
- Customize how HipChat alerts you when you miss a message. Create a combination of in-app, email, SMS, and mobile push notifications.
- Unlimited chat rooms: Create rooms for projects, teams, clients, or the lunchtime basketball league. When you’re finished with a chat room just archive it.
HipChat enable you to integrate with your favorite third party applications, like the following:
- ZenDesk is a leading cloud-based customer service software solution.
- Zapier lets you connect the apps you use to easily move data between them.
- taskblitz is a project management and productivity solution designed for business users.
- WordPress is web software for creating beautiful websites or blogs.
- WorkingOn provides simple progress reporting for teams.
- Twitter: The HipChat Twitter integration allows you to configure each of your HipChat rooms to listen to a specific Twitter handle, hashtag or search.
- Trello: The HipChat Trello integration allows you get updates from multiple Trello boards in your team room.
- Pivotal Tracker is the tool for maintaining an Agile workflow.
- The MailChimp helps you send better email. Stay up to speed with what’s happening in a MailChimp list, entirely from within a HipChat room.