On Thursday, October 25, 2012 at Wokcano, a fine Asian restaurant located at 1413 5th Street in Santa Monica, California, the Startup Mix & Mingle, hosted by Schmoozd, will take place running from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and will feature fifteen startups showcasing their latest technology.
Startup showcasing are…
- FitKit – On August 30, 2012, this L.A.-based startup launched a website that features a free lifestyle assessment quiz designed by nutrition experts Dr. Robin Bernhoft and Dr. Nick Bitz followed up by personalized advice from nutritionists about your personal habits.
- HipFlex – Another Los Angeles based company that specializes in stretching stations designed for golfers to bring them to peak performance and help them avoid injuries.
- Tapshare – An I-Phone application that allows users to share whole photo albums.
- Where My Dogs At – The first location-based social network for dog owners specializing in
helping them find the best dog-friendly restaurants, parks, pet stores, vets, hotels and apartment buildings.
- MyRight – A website that helps average everyday citizens learn their legal rights when it comes to car accidents, child custody, workers compensation, security deposits for apartments, restraining orders, parking tickets and many more things.
- GXStream – A free service that enables competitive and/or professional video gamers to live stream, record, edit and syndicate their gameplay, thus turning video games into one of the greatest spectator sports of all time.
- YourRegards – A service that turns Facebook photos into postcards and mails them on behalf of the user.
- Gamer Comps – A California-based company hosting video game competitions for cash prizes that draw gamers from all over the world.
- Intern Sushi – A company that offers an innovative and more efficient way to find, apply to and manage internships.
- Osurv – A mobile survey platform, popular with hospitals, hotels and retail outlets, that dramatically improves the quality and volume of customer feedback by utilizing fun 20-question I-Phone surveys.
- RodeDog – A smartphone app designed by eleven-year-old Victoria Walker that barks like a dog to keep a user from texting while driving.
- Tint – A social media account aggregator to boost your brand.
- GonnaBe – A simple, elegant app designed to coordinate your social life described by angel investor and StartEngine founder Howard Marks as “a next generation location-based application that will help people connect and get deals wherever they may be going.”
- Penango – Makes secure e-mail easy to use, simple to manage, and accessible everywhere.
- Hoonto – A company whose stock in trade is an application that enables entrepreneurs to to view, track and talk about data important to their company through making it simple secure and social.
Valet parking services are available from 5:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. and there is a parking garage behind the building. For more details or to order tickets, click here to view the listing for the Startup Mix & Mingle on EventBrite.