Whether you like social media or hate it, it’s here to stay and will further penetrate all aspects of your life and work. With nearly 2 billion active users, Facebook’s users base is almost as large as China and India’s population…combined! Facebook continues to add 1 million of new users per day! Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, Twitter are not as big but are rapidly growing their user base. The phenomenal growth of these online giants ultimately reflects society’s compelling desire to connect with each other around common interests. This also presents a whole new paradigm for communicating and selling online.
It is time to organize your social media presence, adding some new tools that can be game-changers in terms of how effective this platform is for certain use. Here are 10 recommended social media tools to add to your game plan, if you don’t have them already.
- Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day – the highlights and everything in between, too. One of the most ‘active’ social media platform on the planet – worth putting in the effort.
- Buffer enable you to quickly and easily schedule posts for all of your social accounts and Buffer will publish them automatically, according to the posting schedule you put in place. It allows you to create and schedule post for your Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+ pages all in one place, saving you considerable time. A powerful, yet simple tool to use – and, inexpensive.
- Brand24 is the most effective method of monitoring your brand or product on the Internet. Discover what people are saying online about your brand – as it unfolds in real time. Brand24 gives you instant access to mentions about your brand across the web, from social networks to influential publishers.
- Edgar is a social media scheduling tool like no other. Instead of publishing your updates just once and throwing them away like yesterday’s rubbish, he carefully catalogues them in a library that you build over time. All of your updates are sorted into categories you create and published on a schedule that you choose, so Edgar publishes what you want, when you want it. No manual scheduling, no busywork, and no hassle.Edgar eliminates the tedious busywork of always writing and re-writing social media updates, so you can break the cycle of writing and posting new updates every day and spend more of your time on social media interacting directly with your audience in real time.
- Commun.it is the easiest way to drive traffic, increase fan engagement, grow followers & likes and save time on social media. It quickly identify valuable people in your Twitter community that you were neglecting to engage because of all the noise in your stream. Slick tool!
- Everypost is the easiest way to create, customize, schedule and post content on social media services. With Everypost now you can manage your Facebook and Google+ pages and also your Linkedin Content professionals and social marketers are using Everypost to publish their content in multiple media platforms, amplifying their reach to more channels and audiences.It doesn’t matter the format of the pictures and videos, or the length of the text, Everypost makes it possible and in an easy way.Everypost provides a unique functionality that allows to post content without having a 140 characters restriction companies.
- Personapp allows you to create and share quick, lightweight personas using a simple lean framework. The app enable you to create specific personas that then interact with your audience. Together, social media becomes more personalized and human.
- Grammarly makes sure everything you type is easy to read, effective, and mistake-free. Grammarly helps you write mistake-free on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and nearly anywhere else you write on the web.
- Medium is an excellent place to share your content and get hundreds of people to read it. Medium is a blogging platform, like WordPress – with millions of readers.
- Tailwind is a comprehensive tool to help you manage your pins on Pinterest. Tailwind helps you create multi-board pins, bulk uploads, and calendar scheduling. They can also help you optimize the best times to send your pins to get the highest engagement.
- We did not mentioned these gigantic social media platform, we assumed you are already on them (if not, start today) – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, SnapChat, …
There are tons of other social media tools out there, I’m sure all of them are equally great. Start with these, and explore others along the way.
Hope this help you get started with your personal brand building initiatives.